ChelseaFCSW6: Wayne Bridge Moves To City

Tuesday 6 January 2009

Wayne Bridge Moves To City

Chelsea have sold Wayne Bridge to Manchester City for a reported £12 million.
The England international completed his move over the weekend.
Bridge joins the club at a difficult time, having been embarrassingly dumped out of the FA Cup by Championship strugglers Nottingham Forest, while they are currently lying just two points above the relegation zone after winning just once in their last six games.
But the 28-year-old is confident he will enjoy success at Eastlands.
"Most importantly, I want to show the fans here and everyone around that I can do well at Manchester City," he told the club's website."I'd like to think I'm coming into my prime but I like to keep myself fit anyway and I've got a good engine and a good left foot so I'll be looking forward to showing that on the pitch."
Personally I think we were mad to sell Wayne, being one of the best crossers of a ball at the club.
Big Phil is already bemoaning his lack of left sided players.
Is it all going pear shaped?

No comments: